PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday accepted the resignation of the Louvre Museum’s director. She had been under fire in the wake of a stunning and embarrassing heist of the French Crown jewels.
The resignation of Laurence des Cars was announced by the presidential office in a statement.
It said Macron praised des Cars’ resignation decision as “an act of responsibility at a time when the world’s largest museum needs calm and a strong new impetus to carry out major projects involving security upgrades, modernization” and other initiatives.
Thieves took less than eight minutes in October to steal 88 million euros ($102 million) worth of crown jewels in a weekend heist at the world’s most visited museum, shocking the world.
Related Articles
Mexican cartel clashes fuel worries in lead-up to FIFA World Cup
Trump cites health care issues in Greenland saying he’s sending a hospital ship. His claims are off
Reddit hit with $20 million UK data privacy fine over child safety failings
France ups the ante in spat with US ambassador, says ministers will no longer meet him
Aid groups petition Israeli court to let them keep working in Gaza after ban over new rules

Recent Comments