3621 W MacArthur Blvd Suite 107 Santa Ana, CA 92704
Toll Free – (844)-500-1351 Local – (714)-604-1416 Fax – (714)-907-1115
sales@haasunlimted.com

Father of Cabazon baby assists investigators in search for infant’s remains in Moreno Valley

Rent Computer Hardware You Need, When You Need It

The father of 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro helped investigators with a search for the baby’s remains in Moreno Valley on Sunday, authorities announced, but a body was not found.

Jake Haro, 32, worked with investigators and cadaver dogs during the search on the westbound shoulder of the 60 Freeway near Gilman Springs Road, but Emmanuel’s body was not located, said Mara Rodriguez, a spokesperson for the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

Related: ‘I will not give up on my baby,’ says Cabazon mother, jailed on suspicion of murder

The search occurred two days after Jake Haro and the child’s mother were arrested on suspicion of murder following the baby’s disappearance.

Related links

Child abuse probe is related to missing Cabazon boy’s case
Parents of missing Cabazon baby are arrested on suspicion of murder
Vigil for missing 7-month-old boy brings out community after arrest of his parents
A nonprofit wants to resume the search for the missing Cabazon baby, and is ‘baffled’ the parents have not responded
Mother who said baby was kidnapped in Yucaipa stops cooperating with detectives

By 6 p.m. Sunday, investigators had left the area.

Rebecca Haro, 41, initially told authorities on Aug. 14 that she was knocked unconscious outside a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Yucaipa and awoke to find Emmanuel was gone.

Investigators later determined there were inconsistencies in Rebecca Haro’s story and learned the baby wasn’t kidnapped after searching the couple’s home and reviewing surveillance footage.

In 2018, Jake Haro was charged with willful child cruelty in Riverside County, along with Vanessa Haro, after their 10-week-old daughter was hospitalized with broken bones. He pleaded guilty to a judge in 2023 and was sentenced to 180 days in the sheriff’s work release program along with a suspended four-year prison sentence. Jake Haro was also required to attend a child abuser treatment program.

After Jake and Rebecca Haro’s arrests last week, officials with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said they believe Emmanuel is dead and investigators are searching for his remains.

The couple is being held without bail.

Related Articles


Historic fountain in Old Towne Orange damaged – again – by suspected DUI driver


2 charged with murder in car-to-car shooting on 57 Freeway in Diamond Bar


Police pursuit of suspected DUI driver ends in 3-way crash


‘I will not give up on my baby,’ says Cabazon mother, jailed on suspicion of murder


4 dead in fiery, wrong-way crash on 15 Freeway in Temecula

Generated by Feedzy