3621 W MacArthur Blvd Suite 107 Santa Ana, CA 92704
Toll Free – (844)-500-1351 Local – (714)-604-1416 Fax – (714)-907-1115
sales@haasunlimted.com

Child abuse probe is related to missing Cabazon boy’s case

Rent Computer Hardware You Need, When You Need It

Riverside County sheriff’s officials are investigating a report of child abuse that is related to the case of missing 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro, whose parents were arrested Friday, Aug. 22, at their Cabazon home on suspicion of killing their son.

Riverside County Sheriff’s Lt. Deirdre Vickers confirmed Saturday night, Aug. 23, that deputies were sent Thursday, Aug. 21 — the day before the arrests of Jake and Rebecca Haro — to the 23000 block of Cottonwood Avenue in Moreno Valley regarding a report of child abuse.

RELATED: Parents of missing Cabazon baby are arrested on suspicion of murder

“Investigators responded to the location regarding the allegations, and the investigation remains ongoing,” the statement issued by Vickers said.

Vickers added that no arrests had been made in connection with Thursday’s investigation. The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department would not release further details, she said Saturday night.

After the parents’ arrest, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department officials said they believe Emmanuel is dead and they are searching for his remains.

More on search for Emmanuel Haro

Parents of missing Cabazon baby are arrested on suspicion of murder
Vigil for missing 7-month-old boy brings out community after arrest of his parents
A nonprofit wants to resume the search for the missing Cabazon baby, and is ‘baffled’ the parents have not responded
Ground search for missing 7-month-old Cabazon boy on hold; reported sighting scrutinized
Mother who said baby was kidnapped in Yucaipa stops cooperating with detectives

Rebecca Haro, 41, told police on Aug. 14 that she was attacked outside a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Yucaipa and knocked unconscious. When she came to, she said Emmanuel was missing. Investigators soon zeroed in on what they called “inconsistencies in her initial statement,” and determined the kidnapping did not happen after searching the couple’s home and reviewing surveillance video.

In 2018, Jake Haro, 32, was charged with with willful child cruelty in Riverside County, together with an apparently different spouse, Vanessa Haro, after their 10-week-old infant daughter was admitted to Hemet Valley Hospital with broken bones.

In 2023, Jake Haro pleaded guilty directly to a judge, who sentenced him to 180 days in the sheriff’s work-release program. Jake Haro receive a suspended four-year prison sentence and was ordered to attend a child abuser treatment program.  It was not a plea agreement with the Riverside County District Attorney’s office, spokesperson Amy McKenzie has said.

Vanessa Haro also pleaded guilty, got 120 days in the work-release program and was ordered to a child abuser treatment program.

In the current case, which has generated nationwide attention, the couple is being held at Riverside County jail without bail.

A vigil for the missing 7-month-old drew 100 people to a memorial near the family’s Cabazon home on Friday.

Generated by Feedzy